I read Free: The Future of a Radical Price by Chris Anderson. After attending Chris’s lecture on the topic of free I understood that it is a sensitive topic to talk about. It seems that money is the religion of capitalism. Or as Chris points it out in his book: “Free is not quite as simple–or as destructive–as it sounds.”
Here are some of my favorite points from the Free book:
• …with trust comes traffic.
• When you have no money, $0.00 is a very good price.
• Free may be the best price, but it can’t be the only one.
• Bits want to be free.
• Free is just a matter of when, not if.
• Sooner or later you will compete with free.
In the book Chris points out the value of attention and reputation – he has a lot of both because of his track-record of work (more to come).